I hope you all had WONDERFUL spring breaks! I thought that because I spent my spring break out of cell phone range, the world would stop. Turns out, I was wrong. So, let’s get informed!
6 things you should know/6 articles you should read:
1) The new gun safety bill in the U.S. senate will NOT include an assault weapons ban, much to the dismay of senator Dianne Feinstein. And many other people.
2) Testimony continues today against New York’s stop-and-frisk laws. Testimony is getting personal.
3) Depending how you interpret his speech, Senator Rand Paul may or may not have suggested he supports a path to citizenship for undocumented workers in the United States.
4) Two girls were charged with intimidating a witness in the Stubenville case. Twitter comments have resulted in jail time.
5) A study presented to the American Heart Association blames sugary drinks for 25,000 deaths of adult in the United States.
6) Did you know the government has free access to your e-mail? Congress is looking at updating the law.
Thanks for reading! Have a great week.