Tuesday Newsday [4.23.13]

So much is happening in the world of headlines that I have neither the space nor the emotional strength to digest it all. The tone of the country is somber and heavy, but it is not without glimpses of hope. I have chosen just a few articles, in hopes of balancing the intense weight. Please take the time to read up on a few issues that are actively shaping the moral and political, and literal climate of our country. _____________________________________________________

U.S. HOSPITALS ARE DEPORTING UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS WHILE THEY ARE INCAPACITATED IN THEIR HOSPITAL BEDS

I am sorry to put such a disturbing article first on the list, but country is currently perpetrating (or at least ignoring, depending on your view) one of the most repulsive and flagrant human rights violations in the world. It has been happening for years, and we are just learning about it. Please, if you read nothing else, take a moment to read the Huffington Post article about this atrocity.

FRENCH PARLIAMENT APPROVES LAW LEGALIZING SAME-SEX MARRIAGE AND ADOPTION BY SAME-SEX COUPLES

Read the BBC article here. Gotta mix the good news with the bad, you know?

NEW ECONOMIC REPORT SHOWS WEALTH OF RICHEST 7% SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASED, WEALTH OF REMAINING 93% DECREASED

According to a new report by the Pew Research Center, since the U.S. economy officially emerged from the recession in 2009, the net worth of the richest 7% of Americans has increased by 28%, while the net worth of the “other” 93% has decreased by 4%. Read the L.A. Times report here.

_______________________

There are only 3 articles. Please read them. This stuff is important. The two greatest wastes of potential are uninformed minds and unread news.

Westin

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s