Before sitting back to watch the Denver Broncos take on the Seattle Seahawks, here is Super Bowl XLVIII by the numbers:
- Super Bowl Sunday is the 2nd largest day for U.S. food consumption after Thanksgiving Day.
- 82,500 fans will watch the game inside MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
- Super Bowl XLVIII is expected to be the most-watched game in history and break 2012’s 111 million viewers.
- The price of one ticket to the game has ranged in price from $500 and $2,600.
- It costs $51 to take a shuttle to the stadium from various locations in New York and New Jersey.
- The NFL has spent $11 million on game-day security.
- The local economies in New York and New Jersey are expecting $30-90 million boost from game-related spending.
- The players on the winning team will see a $92,000 bonus, while $49,000 will go to each of the players on the non-winning team.
- 26 percent of fans say they pray to God to help their team.
- This year the cost for a 30-second commercial is $4 million.
Whether you are cheering for your favorite team or are only tuning in to see the commercials, enjoy this year’s Super Bowl!